Holistic detox has the same resultant goal of achieving a healthier lifestyle, weight loss and an increase in the vitality of life. Holistic detox focuses on the whole being of the person, particularly on a lifestyle change, diet, emotional needs, home and work environment, activity levels and stresses. In short, the wholeness of the person is considered and not just the physical change the diet can provide. Holistic detox is used to improve what can be improved. The emphasis is on breaking bad habits and restricting/avoiding foods that contains toxins.
This is usually a self-awareness program in listening to the needs of the body, understanding those needs, and learning what are good and bad foods. Other than self-awareness, holistic detox also tries to modify behavior on what food is healthy and what is not. One of its goal is to have the body regain a natural slightly alkali state, hastening the elimination of toxins and breaking down fats more easily.
The top 7 Holistic Detox
- Colon Hydrotherapy- This is the therapeutic application of water to the colon to cleanse of unwanted substances in the body and aid the bowel in resuming normal function.
- Change in diet- When starting holistic detox, avoid enriched wheat, sugar, sweets, fruits, artificial processed flavorings such as vinegars and ketchup, red meat, night shade vegetables such as mushrooms, fruit juices, alcohol, caffeine, carbonated drinks and cigarettes. The only exceptions to this list are the plain yogurt, goat’s milk, soy products and banana. The foods that are allowed include: Fresh leafy green vegetables and salads, white meats and fish, eggs, soy products, vegetable juices, olive oil, brown rice and lentils. During the first 48 hours of Holistic detox, you may experience symptoms such as nausea and headaches. This is the proof that the body is adjusting to the released toxins trapped in the body.
- Use herbal cleansing enhancers- These are complementary things that support the body’s elimination of toxins from the body. Take fiber flax seeds for example, they are part soluble which absorb the toxins while insoluble which sweeps the colon clean. EFA-rich fish, flax or borage oil is one of the cleansing kits that provide the best result.
- Cleanse the liver- A combination of diet, water, multivitamins use, and avoidance of environmental exposure to toxins and chelation can help cleanse the liver.
- Supplements- The use of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants , Vitamin A, C, E and the minerals Selenium and zinc., can support the body as it cleanses itself of toxins.
- Sweat them out- The skin has the ability to eliminate waste through perspiration. Saunas and steam baths work well in inducing the body to sweat, detoxifying in this manner.
- Exercise- stimulates the movement of lymphatic fluid in the body as well as eliminating toxins from deep breathing.
Other than the improvements of health sought after in this diet, holistic detox can also give an individual a sense of control and discipline over food cravings. At the end of the program, sugar may not taste as sweet because behavior change has already been accomplished. This type of diet can go a long way and not just for temporary a period of time. Change can produce improvements and a better way of living healthy.